Friday, February 24

Oatless Oatmeal

Yet another breakfast creation I have seen floating around the blog world that I just had to try.
 First seen here.
 
Oatless Oatmeal topped with Strawberries, Peanut Butter and a tiny bit of Maple Syrup.

Oatless Oatmeal:
1/4 cup milk
3 egg whites
2 Tbs Ground Flaxseed
1 Banana (mashed)
1 tps Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Whisk together eggs and milk. Then whisk in flaxseed, banana, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour into pot and cook over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened and become an oatmeal consistency. 

This turned out much tastier than I had expected and I will difinetly be making this again!

2 comments:

  1. Me thinks you are trying to preserve your Maple Syrup. I will send a small package (won't cost much) with two more bottles of Maple Syrup.

    Love to you from Grandma. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer Grandma but I don't really need two more bottles. I like to use just a little bit Maple Syrup for a hint of sweetness, too much is overpowering.

    Love,
    Avery

    ReplyDelete