Sunday, August 28

Le Pain Quotidien NYC

We spent the night in NYC before I left for Sweden. On Sunday morning we found this fabulous organic cafe called Le Pain Quotidien (The Daily Bread). Their philosophy says "Whenever we can, we source organic ingredients. This way, we not only build lasting and meaningful partnerships with organic farmers, but we also ensure our ingredients are of the highest quality." Sounds like my kind of restaurant!
The menu was outstanding. There were beautiful baked goods, granola parfait, oatmeal, soft boiled eggs, omelets, and sandwiches. They even had seasonal specials which highlighted the tastes of the season. Sweet or savory, they had something every taste. You can see the full menu here.  
I started with a Cafe au Lait while I pondered the menu.

I Ordered the Stone Fruit Baked Oatmeal. It was fantastic. It came topped with granola and a sprig of mint. The oatmeal was soft and creamy and not too sweet with baked peaches and plums. 

My Mom ordered a soft boiled  egg with bread and a side of Parisian Ham.

 
My Dad ordered the Mediterranean Platter which was beautiful and delicious but I forgot to snap a 
photo until after it was nearly all gone.  
 The homemade bread here was fantastic and they had these delicious spreads to go with them.
Blondie- a white chocolate spread
Brunette- Hazelnut spread (like nutella without the chocolate)
Noir- Dark chocolate spread
They were all very delicious. I think the dark chocolate was my favorite especially with the apricot jam also on the table.

Le Pain Quotidien is a chain but you would never know by the food. It was so delicious we actually went back for lunch later that same day! So if you are ever in the City or stumble upon this restaurant I would highly recommend you give it a try. You will not be disappointed. 




1 comment:

  1. you should forward this review to the restaurants site. They would love to read it. just looking at the pictures makes me want to go back. mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete